At this year’s IBC show there are many good reasons to visit EVS. Here are just a few that could make a difference for you:
Sports360° : from Live Sports to Multimedia Delivery
The sports media business is undergoing rapid change bringing on tough challenges for today’s broadcasters, including the partitioning of rights, the mergence between IT and traditional broadcast technology, as well as the profusion of competing digital media platforms.
EVS Sports360° helps you to take on these challenges and more successfully, bringing together:
- Enhanced live productions with high-end replays, on the fly editing, new ultra motion control capabilities, graphic overlays or 3D replay and super-motion operations
- Sports highlights, instant access to media and exchange with post-production
- Logging and statistics integration
- Mobile, web streaming and multichannel delivery
- Second screen applications
- Sports archive management
News: from Field Editing to Central Newsroom Production
At IBC2011 EVS will present a new edit-in-place feature available on the Xedio CleanEdit. With this new feature EVS’ non-linear editor can link up with solid-state camcorders, including the Sony XDCAM® SxS, so that journalists can instantly visualize recorded material and start editing without importing the media.
Local News Production
For local TV stations looking to speed up and secure their news production EVS has developed Xedio Flash, a new all-in-one news production package available in a single rack.
End-to-End News Production Workflow
EVS will be presenting its end-to-end news solution based on a modular architecture that easily adapts to specific news production requirements and any existing infrastructure, such as ENG devices, craft editors, archive and newsroom control systems. EVS’ news solution includes advanced IT/Broadcast ingest modules, intuitive content management suites and browsers, high-end media storage, as well as playout systems that guarantee speed and stability.
TV Entertainment: from Live to Post in a Click
EVS' Live to Post-Production technology is designed to offer immediate access to and control over live content. The following live to post-production solutions will be presented at IBC2011:
- Referenced proxy media exchange with Avid editors
- New Apple Final Cut Pro plug-ins to facilitate job requests as well as file exchanges with EVS servers and storage solutions
- New V-Drive virtual file system for Apple FCP editors
- Export Director’s cut with multiple camera angles to post editing stations
IT/Broadcast Workflow: Improving the Management of Media
EVS will present new packaged solutions designed to streamline production workflow operations and facilitate media exchange in any broadcast/IT environment:
- New OpenCube HD/SD: the EVS IT-based ingest server for tape, flexicart or archive migration. OpenCube HD/SD is a format-agnostic platform that supports uncompressed and all standard codecs (including XDCAM®, AVC-Intra, and Jpeg2K) wrapped in metadata-enabled MXF files for genuine interoperability in production and long-term asset preservation.
- XFConverter: a new EVS media rewrapping and transfer solution that guarantees full interoperability of files at any step of the production workflow. The application now supports new MXF mastering formats AS02 and AS03 to ensure seamless ingest in the Avid/Interplay environment.
- New Lynx API & MOS Gateway: solutions guaranteeing full interoperability with all types of third-party systems and NRCS, including Avid iNEWS, ENPS and ANNOVA systems.
- XFly Streamer: a new portable storage device for unconnected live to post-production media import is now available with its new streaming module, which allows live streaming for up to 10 HD feeds (@100Mbps). Its embedded on the fly transcoding capabilities also guarantee format compatibility between live recording facilities and post-production.
EVS’ new “CloudCast” solution is designed to facilitate the distribution of live media directly to consumers via dedicated web applications. Using tablets, mobile devices or web interfaces, C-Cast works in conjunction with EVS’ live production applications, allowing viewers to access key sequences, specifically edited packages or multi-angle camera shots.
Please visit us at www.evs.tv or contact us at any time if you have any further questions about any of our products or services.
Subscribe now to My EVS, a new web service offering you the ability to customize information from and about EVS. Select the type of information you choose to receive and be the first to be informed.