EVS Presents its New Sports360° and Workflow Enabling Concept at IBC2011
Liege, 19 July 2011 – This year at IBC2011, EVS introduces Sports360°; the new concept covering all aspects of sports media from live broadcasting to new media distribution. The EVS booth will line up a complete set of tools enabling workflow offering the best of IT and broadcast technologies for news and production.
Come and discover these exciting innovations and advanced solutions at the EVS stand, Hall 8 B90.
EVS will present its new Sport360° approach at IBC2011. This new concept aims to help sports’ content owners, broadcasters and facility companies to address multiple markets. In today’s challenging sports media environment with rights distribution partitioning, broadcasters must be able to deliver dedicated content on multiple platforms such as TV, web, mobile phones, tablets or connected TV, to their respective viewing audiences.
EVS Sports360° concept offers them the best way to address these new challenges covering all aspects of sports production and multi-platform delivery amongst which:
- Enhanced live production with high-end replays, on the fly editing, new ultra motion control capabilities, overlay graphic analysis or 3D replay and super-motion operations
- Sports highlights and immediate media access and exchange with post-production
- Logging and statistics integration
- Mobile, web streaming and multi-channel delivery
- Second screen applications
- Sports archive management
IT/BROADCAST WORKFLOW ENABLING SOLUTIONS
EVS will present its range of new solution packages designed to streamline news and production workflow operations and facilitate media exchange in any broadcast/IT environment; amongst them:
- Latest NLE systems integration: including referenced proxy media exchange with Avid editors, new Final Cut pro plug-ins to facilitate job requests as well as file exchanges with EVS servers and storage, and a new V-Drive virtual file system for FCP editors.
- Latest OpenCube HD/SD: EVS IT based ingest server for tape, flexicart or archive migration. OpenCubeHD/SD is a format-agnostic platform that supports uncompressed and all standard codecs such as XDCAM, AVC-Intra, Jpeg2K wrapped in metadata-enabled MXF files for genuine interoperability in production and long term asset preservation.
- XFConverter: New EVS media rewrapping and transfer solution guarantying full interoperability of files at any step of production workflow. The application now supports new MXF mastering formats AS02 and AS03 and ensure seamless ingest in Avid/Interplay environment.
- New Lynx API and MOS gateway: solutions guaranteeing full interoperability with all types of third-party systems and NRCS including Avid iNEWS, ENPS and ANNOVA systems.
- XFly streamer: a new portable storage device for unconnected live to post-production media import is now available with its new streaming module which allows live streaming for up to 10 HD feeds (@100Mbps). Its embedded on-the-fly transcoding capabilities also guarantee format compatibility between live recording facilities and post-production.
: EVS’ “CloudCast” is a new solution designed to facilitate instant distribution of live broadcast content via dedicated web applications direct to home users. Using tablets, mobile devices or web interfaces, CCast works in conjunction with EVS’ live production applications allowing viewers to access key sequences, specifically edited packages or multi-angle camera shots.
EVS’ PRESS CONFERENCE WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH AT 10AM IN ROOM F004 AT THE MEDIA CENTRE.
About EVS (www.evs.tv)
EVS designs leading broadcast and media production systems for sports, news and TV entertainment. Its innovative Live Slow Motion system revolutionized live broadcasting, and its reliable and integrative tapeless solutions are now widely used for non-linear editing and 3D HD productions across the globe.
The company is headquartered in Belgium and has offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America. It sells its branded products in over 90 countries, and provides customer support globally.
For more information about this press release, please contact :
Marketing & Communications Director
+32 4 361 58 10
Please visit us at www.evs.tv or contact us at any time if you have any further questions about any of our products or services.
Subscribe now to My EVS, a new web service offering you the ability to customize information from and about EVS. Select the type of information you choose to receive and be the first to be informed.